- Helps counter drought conditions by maintaining groundwater base flow to streams.
- Replicates pre-development hydrology.
- Eliminates thermal discharge loadings.
- Replenishes groundwater supplies.
- Achieves higher pollutant removal rates through soil filtration and accelerated
microbial actions (bio-remediation).
- Achieves Low Impact Development, LEED and Zero Discharge goals.
- Reduces dependence on stormwater ponds and associated maintenance costs,
liability and mosquito problems and allows for higher value use of the pond area.
- Provides a lower cost and longer effective life alternative to perforated pipe.
- Provides a lower cost alternative to drainage pipe for conveyance, with added
benefits of groundwater recharge and water quality enhancement.